Saturday, June 16, 2018

Game from 18/06/10

What's happening, Metuselahs?

Time to update the blog one more time. This was about a game I played on 10th of June with my beloved Anarch Fatima M-16 Multirush deck. And the game went like this:

Anneke/Anson Tor Wall > Anarch Fatima (Kerath) > Aching Beauty Toreador > Ventrue Hardy&Friends


So, I didn't draw Fatima on my initial Crypt. Actually it was 3 Anarch Converts and 1 Parnassus. Influenced out Parnassus, made him Anarch with a Convert and started fetching more crypt cards.... Next card was Zahir, Hand of Silsila, then another Anarch Convert and finally Fatima! Conclusion: such a slow start. Luckily, my predator was a wall that didn't bother me much until I got Fatima out.



And what can I say? Still lacking Assault Rifle so things were moving with philosophy. Aching Beauty Toreadors ousted the Ventrues and then they were torporized due to my predator's guns and after I could visit him with Fatima.

A bag of pool was all that remained from my prey so we could say that it was just a 1 vs 1 between the not-so-chill wall of my predator and my Children of Haquim.

There were 3 vampires torporized in the Aching-B Toreador side, so 3 pool drain every turn due to my predator's Dragonbound. And my predator started to bleed. I got rid of Carlton and torporized part of his kindred but made a mistake. A big mistake, I must say.

Fatima sent Anneke to torpor and then decided to pay Constanza a visit. My anarch chick was confident with her power and had a Groundfighting in my hand to potentially cancel something nasty that would be prepared by my predator.

Before distance? Nothing. Distances? Long with the rifle, then Constanza short with Magnum's maneuverwith a maneuver that he got before with Ashur Tablet's Strikes? Fatima shoots, Constanza plays Fast Hands at superior. I try to play Groundfighting because I couldn't choose my strike due to the effect of a card. But it was a mistake I made, that didn't restrict me to make a hand-strike against Constanza. Bye, Assault Rifle. Game was about to be over and my prey still had pool.

I really should have used the groundfighting to go to long distance...

The math game had started. What could I do with these turns remaining, being so short on pool and paying for a Pentex Subversion being contested between a minion of my predator and Fatima. I needed some bloodbags to be punched while Dragonbound ousted my Aching Prey.




These Anarch Converts made the day. Their sacrifice after my torporized Fatima failed to eliminate all pesky Toreadors (& a single Brujah) could make me grab my pool until my prey was Dragonbousted, I got a VP and then ran over by my predator. The Toreador Wall had the GW.

Pretty interesting to play against a Toreador Wall of Anneke, which ironically was my first deck when Keepers of Tradition was released.

Enjoying that the game is back, Metuselahs!

5 comments:

  1. "Before distance? Nothing. Distances? Long with the rifle, then Constanza short with Magnum's maneuver. Strikes? Fatima shoots, Constanza plays Fast Hands at superior."

    That Fast Hands was not valid. If Constanza used the Magnum to get to short range, that has to be her (initial) strike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Craig! I must correct the entry, asked the other player and we remembered the game. He got a maneuver back to the hand with Ashur Tablets before. Must edit!thx

      Delete
  2. How did you get two anarch converts out at the same time?

    They are not among non-unique crypt cards and should contest (or burn by special text upon entry, if that is the ordering you wish for).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that and other players didn't say a thing. I will update my playgroup 😊

      Thank you, I really appreciate comments and corrections!

      Delete
  3. Regarding latest influence rules you can:
    - bring an anarch convert out to use special
    - draw crypt
    - influence 1 on anarch convert to use special
    - draw crypt
    - continue influencing on crypt

    Completely legal.
    Even with old rules you could bring an anarch convert out to use special with an anarch convert already in play.

    ReplyDelete